The eloquent expression of Gregorian chant is a musical icon of the Word of God. It conveys holiness and lifts heart, mind, and soul. The Community preserves and strengthens this unique form of sung prayer as a living tradition, chanting the Liturgy of the Hours and the Ordinary and Proper of the Eucharist. The use of Latin in connection with the chant serves as a unifying language of prayer and also as the optimum vehicle for the texts, which are so closely connected to these time-honored melodies.
Join us for a Gregorian Chant Retreat! March 14 – 17, or August 15 – 18!
Growing from the earliest roots of our Christian faith, it is equally relevant to our modern, ecumenical monastic life. We believe that all of the creative work of the Community is sustained and nurtured through our daily life together and the rhythm of our worship and prayer.
Unveiling the Mysteries of Chant: Palm Sunday, Holy Week, and Easter
Unravel the mysteries of the nuemes on this three-day retreat, March 14-17, at the Community of Jesus in Orleans, MA. Surrounded by the beauties of early spring on Cape Cod, explore some of the richest repertoire of Gregorian chant found in the Holy week chants, and discover this ever-relevant form of conversation through sung prayer.
- Chant instruction for all experience levels
- Explore some of the richest repertoire in the Holy week chants
- Singing Gregorian Chant in the breathtaking Church of the Transfiguration where chant services are sung daily
- Have the opportunity to attend the daily Divine Offices and Eucharist
- Lovely meals and accommodations overlooking the Cape Cod Bay
- Date: March 14-17, 2018 (The retreat begins with Wednesday night dinner and ends Saturday after lunch)
- Place: Paraclete House at the Community of Jesus in Orleans, MA
- Price: $350 including 3 days accommodations and meals.
For more information, please call 508-255-1094.
Join us as we explore the riches of this glorious tradition.