The eloquent expression of Gregorian chant is a musical icon of the Word of God. It conveys holiness and lifts heart, mind, and soul. The Community preserves and strengthens this unique form of sung prayer as a living tradition, chanting the Liturgy of the Hours and the Ordinary and Proper of the Eucharist. The use of Latin in connection with the chant serves as a unifying language of prayer and also as the optimum vehicle for the texts, which are so closely connected to these time-honored melodies.
Join us for a Gregorian Chant Retreat! March 27 – 30!
Growing from the earliest roots of our Christian faith, it is equally relevant to our modern, ecumenical monastic life. We believe that all of the creative work of the Community is sustained and nurtured through our daily life together and the rhythm of our worship and prayer.
Join us this spring for a three-day Gregorian chant retreat, March 27-30, at the Community of Jesus in Orleans, MA. Surrounded by the beauties of early spring on Cape Cod, we will explore some of the richest repertoire of Gregorian chant found in the Holy week chants, and discover this ever relevant form of conversation through sung prayer.
- Chant instruction for all experience levels
- Exploring some of the richest repertoire found in the Holy week and Easter chants
- Singing Gregorian Chant in the breathtaking Church of the Transfiguration where chant services are sung daily
- Lovely meals and accommodations overlooking Cape Cod Bay
- Date: March 27 – 30, 2019
- Place: Paraclete House at the Community of Jesus in Orleans, MA
- Price: $450 including 3 days accommodations and meals.
Retreat fee includes lodging and all meals beginning with dinner on
Wednesday, March 27 th , and ending after lunch on Saturday, March 30th.
Application Due by February 27, 2019
$100 deposit due by March 1st, non-refundable
* Due to the demand, your deposit will secure your spot on the retreat.
Payment due in full before or at the time of registration
For more information, please call 508-255-1094.
Join us as we explore the riches of this glorious tradition.
SAVE THE DATE!
The Summer Gregorian Chant Retreat will be August 28-30—Stay tuned for details.